Funky 100 – Number 76
5 Funky Things to do in Bogota
Why you should Visit…
Colombia’s kicking capital is one of the most rapidly changing cities on the planet and easily one of the most exciting in South America. With warm welcoming people and one or two novel ideas for how to entertain locals and the relatively few travellers that venture here, Bogota surprises you in ways you’d never have expected. It’s very much the beating heart of the new (and pretty safe) Colombia and it’s future looks brights.
1) Watch a futbol match at El Campin, Colombia’s National Stadium
2) Visit the Police Museum to learn about Colombia’s violent War against the powerful Drug Cartels
3) Hop on a bike and explore the city during the Sunday Ciclovia
4) Take the funicular (or teleferico) upto the top of the Cerro de Monserrate
5) Head to Avenida Septima for a Friday night street Fiesta!
This was the first Funky 100 article submitted by us to get the ball rolling! The other 99 will be by you! Send yours in to funky100(@)myfunkytravel.com.
This article was published in September 2013