published: December 2013
Funky 100 – Number 25
5 Funky Things to do in Lisbon
Why you should Visit
Europe’s western-most capital is full of quirky little spots to spend some time. It’s a city built on several (very steep) hills that make it tiring to explore but all the more rewarding when you discover some of Lisbon’s hidden gems. Districts such as Alfama, the birthplace of Fado music, boast centuries of history while buzzing Bairro Alto turns into a giant street party almost every night. There’s also some delicious food and tasty snacks to be sampled in what is one of the continent’s most under-rated cities.
1) Eat, drink and be merry at Cruzes Credo
2) View Lisbon by sunset from it’s highest point (Senhora de Monte)
3) Drink and Mingle with the locals in Bairro Alto
4) Stay in one of Lisbon’s Brilliant Hostels
5) Eat Portugal’s best Ice Cream (Santinis)
by Clare Laming who lives in Portugal. You can check out her blog : Monarch Butterfly Voyager
You can also follow her on twitter
Hostel Photo is of Lisbon Lounge Hostel!