published: October 2013
Funky 100 – Number 46
5 Funky Things to do in Istanbul
Why you should Visit…
Many cities around the world are described as somewhere that ‘East meets West’. But nowhere is this claim more accurate than in Istanbul. It is literally at a crossroads with half ot the city in Europe and the other half in Asia. The city is enormous, the streets are bustling with life and it is home to some stunning buildings and fabulously varied districts.
1) Barter for a bargain at the Carsamba Street Market in Fatih
2) Cruise along the Bosphorus which divides Istanbul and also Europe and Asia
3) Go for a stroll on Istiklal Street
4) Take a chilled out trip to the Prince Islands
5) Visit St Sophia & experience the legacy of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires
These suggestions and images came from Ahmet on couchsurfing who lives in Istanbul.